THE GRADUATE SCHOOL
International Graduate Admissions
- Graduate Programs
- Application Procedures
- Admission Classifications
- International Transfer Credit
- English Language Proficiency Requirements
- Entrance Examinations (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.)
- The University of Akron Developed English Proficiency Test (U-ADEPT)
- English Language Institute
- Declaration and Certification of Finances for International Students
- Health Insurance
- Other University Information
The International Center
The International Center assists all international students from orientation to commencement, providing assistance with visa, immigration, status concerns, housing, and campus and community integration (including conversation partners).
- Meet The International Center Staff
- Immigration forms and other documents for international students
Orientation for new international students
All new international students are required to attend the mandatory New International Student Orientation. The orientation is designed to help new international students get acquainted with campus and familiar with immigration regulations, registering for classes, and services offered at UA. Detailed information on orientation for new international students can be found here.
File retention and destruction policy
All documentation submitted to the Graduate School becomes the permanent property of The University of Akron. Please be advised that the Graduate School converts all documentation into an electronic document. After the document is converted into an electronic file, the hard copied document is destroyed. As a result, the Graduate School is not able to provide and/or return original documentation to any applicant.