Akron Community Internship Program
Get fluent in the language of Akron!
The EX[L] Center’s Akron Community Internship Programn at the University of Akron is an initiative where UA students interface directly with community partners. Students gain practical discipline-related experience as well as an appreciation for the broader Akron community. Community partners serve as mentors to students, and receive the benefit of a student working on a project relevant to the respective organization.
Students spend 100 hours and earn $1,000 working on a specific activity with a clear deliverable. Internships are available in the summer or during the school year. The internships may be eligible for credit, depending on your department.
Internship Opportunities with Community Partners as of August 2018:
- Akron-Canton Regional Food Bank | Community Outreach Intern
- Akron Civil Rights Commission | Design, Marketing & Social Media Intern
- Alchemy Akron | (2) Internships: Marketing Assistant and Creative Assistant
- City of Akron | (4) Internships: Health & Transportation Grant Writer; Health & Housing Security; Health & Food Insecurity Project; and Website Update
- ConxusNEO | Database Development
- DTVision | Social Media Intern
- International Institute of Akron | Immigration Justice Campaign Intern
- Ma'Sue Productions | Grants Management Intern
- Project Rise | App Developer Intern
- Summit Art Space | Project Coordinator Intern
- The Well Akron (CDC) | Marketing Intern
- Urban Troubadour | Social Media/Marketing Intern
- Urban Vision | After-School Program Intern
- World Relief | Youth Intern
- YMCA | Child & Family Engagement Specialist