Are you interested in esports and gaming? Well, we have a scholarship just for you! ANY prospective high school student and ALL incoming freshman are eligible to apply.
Want to design games?
Interested in CREATING games? Our course Interactive Game & Game Engine Design 3460:316 will introduce you to basic concepts and techniques to design and implement interactive computer games and game engines.
ABOUT UA ESPORTS
ABOUT UA ESPORTS
UA is one of the first 50 universities in the country to compete at a varsity level and we also offer club, and recreational gaming programs.
UA's varsity teams compete against other universities in League of Legends, Overwatch, CS:GO, Hearthstone and Rocket League. Our club program will include the aforementioned games and even more titles such as Fortnite, Rainbow Six Siege and Super Smash Bros. Melee.
We are recruiting players to fill slots on our varsity teams, fill out this form if you're interested. Scholarships will be awarded to varsity members. Players of all abilities are sought for intercollegiate and recreational competition on club teams.
Not a gamer but still interested? We're looking for students in engineering, computer science, communications, health and wellness, and other fields to help build our esports arenas, broadcast games, design materials, and assist with training and nutrition. All are welcome!
STAY CURRENT WITH ZIPS ESPORTS
ONLY AT UA
- Esports Business Certificate open to anyone
- Esports scholarship for prospective and incoming freshman
- Interactive Game Design for current students
Undergraduate – level course
Graduate – level course
- Rocket League team undefeated for a second consecutive year (Oct 2021)
- How UA freshman scored a college scholarship playing video games (Sept 2021)
- Zips Esports brings on Intel, Samsung as official partners (July 2021)
- More than 60,000 watch as varsity Rocket League team wins fourth national title (May 2021)
- Esports fundraiser event scores big win for Akron Children’s Hospital (Feb 2021)