Myers School of Art Portfolio Day & Open House
FALL: Saturday, Nov. 4, 2023
SPRING: Saturday, Mar. 2, 2024
Incoming students have the opportunity to have their portfolio reviewed by our faculty for a chance to earn a scholarship to study at the Myers School of Art. The earned scholarships are in addition to other UA scholarships incoming students may be eligible to receive. High school students of all levels and their families are welcome to join us for the Open House to learn more about our school.
Please note: Portfolio Reviews are for prospective transfer students and high school seniors & juniors only.
What to expect
- Learn more about majors and minors in art.
- Scholarship opportunities available for senior-level students and prospective transfer students based on the quality of the portfolio presented.
- Juniors can present their portfolio to learn more about the strengths of the work and identify areas for improvement.
- Meet current students and faculty.
- See our studios and labs with technical demonstrations in process.
- Connect with representatives from UA Admissions, Financial Aid and Student Organizations in Art.
What to prepare
- 5 to 10 pieces of original artwork. Artwork may include any medium, two-dimensional, three-dimensional or digital. Artwork need not be all in one medium.
- A copy of your transcript (official or unofficial).
- An overview of your interests, strengths and professional career ambitions
Where to go
Myers School of Art, Folk Hall
150 E. Exchange St.
Akron, OH 44325-7801
Free Parking in Lot 47
Call the Myers School of Art at 330-972-6030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.