Myers School of Art Portfolio Day
Fall 2021 & Spring 2022 Dates will be announced Summer 2021
Incoming students have the opportunity to have their portfolio reviewed by our faculty for a chance to earn a scholarship to study at the Myers School of Art. The earned scholarships are in addition to other UA scholarships incoming students may be eligible to recieve
Portfolio Day is for high school seniors and juniors. Registration will open in late summer 2021!
What to expect
- Learn more about majors and minors in art.
- Scholarship opportunities available for senior-level students based on the quality of the portfolio presented.
- Juniors can present their portfolio to learn more about the strengths of the work and identify areas for improvement.
- Meet current students and faculty.
- See our studios and labs with technical temonstrations in process.
- Connect with representatives from UA Admissions, Financial Aid and Student Organizations in Art.
- Virtual participants will be set up with access to UA's online learning platform Brightspace after completing registration.
What to prepare
- 5 to 10 pieces of original artwork to be uploaded to Brightspace (recommended formats: .jpg, .png, .pdf, .mov, .mp4). Artwork may include any medium, two-dimensional, three-dimensional or digital.
- A copy of your transcript (official or unofficial).
- An overview of your interests, strengths and professional career ambitions
Where to go
Myers School of Art, Folk Hall
150 E. Exchange St.
Akron, OH 44325-7801Free Parking in Lot 47
Additionally, some reviews will likely take place virtually in Fall 2021 via Brightspace and Cisco Webex.
Call the Myers School of Art at 330-972-6030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.