Search UA Press Books
New and Forthcoming
- Browse and order books on our distributor's site.
- Call Baker & Taylor Publisher Services at 1-800-247-6553.
UA Press Faculty & Staff Holiday Sale
The University of Akron Press annual faculty and staff holiday book sale will run from November 29–December 17, 2021.
Visit us at our Holiday Sale Pop Up Event at Bierce Library on Wednesday, December 1, 2021 from 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
2021 Akron Poetry Prize Winner
Erika Meitner, this year’s Akron Poetry Prize judge, has chosen If I Could Give You a Line by Carrie Oeding of Pawtucket, Rhode Island as the 2021 Akron Poetry Prize winner. The contest received a total of 690 entries in 2021.
Book release: Free Rose Light by Mary O'Connor
Free Rose Light is the wide-ranging story of the people and community of South Street Ministries, in Akron, Ohio, told in the style of the ministry—improvisational, risky, and present. Free Rose Light was pummeled and shaped into existence through the NEOMFA program at The University of Akron. Buy the book here.
UA students put America's literal baggage on display at exhibition
University of Akron Student Exhibition at Metzger Galleries Institute for Human Science and Culture.
Book release: Shifting Cultural Power by Hope Mohr
Shifting Cultural Power by Hope Mohr, with a foreword by Christy Bolingbroke, is the first book in the NCCAkron Series in Dance, a joint-collaboration between the University of Akron Press and NCCAkron, the second national choreographic center of its kind in the country. The series’ main focus includes highlighting marginalized American voices in dance from the twentieth century as well as acting as a bridge to highlight dance artists working today.
- Review of Labor in Akron by Midwest Book Review
- Interview with Kimberly Quiogue Andrews in Kenyon Review
- Review of Doe in The Bind
- Hawk Parable included on The Millions "Must-Read Poetry: April 2019" list
- Hawk Parable review in Publishers Weekly
- Empty Clip reviewed in UNCGNow
- Further Problems with Pleasure by Sandra Simonds reviewed in Jacket2 Magazine
- Review of In the President's Home by the Akron Beacon Journal
- Poem from Nothing Fatal by Sarah Perrier featured in The Devil Strip
- Empty Clip, by Emilia Phillips, reviewed in Adroit Journal
- Read a poem from Brazen Creature by Anne Barngrover on Verse Daily
- The Book of Endings review in Image Journal
- Empty Clip in Publishers Weekly
- Brazen Creature in Publishers Weekly
- True Tales from the Campaign Trail in Akron Life Magazine
- Doe, by Aimee Baker, reviewed in Waxwing Literary Journal
- EMPTY CLIP, by Emilia Phillips, is listed as the Most Anticipated April 2018 Books on Medium's The Coil feature
- Publishers Weekly reviews The Book of Endings
- Sandra Simonds in New York Times Magazine
- Sandra Simonds in Publishers Weekly
- Jerry Austin interview with AAPC
- Sandra Simonds in Poetry Daily
- Leslie Harrison in Poetry Daily
- Leslie Harrison in Verse Daily