Club Sports travel policy
Students interested in travelling will be expected to abide by current CDC and University of Akron Covid-19 policies. Only requests submitted 30-business days or more in advance will be reviewed and considered for approval. Student organizations are strongly encouraged to submit requests as far in advance as possible.
Student organizations and their members wishing to travel to an in-person event that does not have a virtual alternative, will need to do the following:
One Day Travel with Two or Less Overnight Experiences
- Submit a Club Sports Travel Request to the appropriate through RooConnect.
- Complete the corresponding Emergency Contact and Travel Waiver documents.
- Each individual intending to travel will upload their Covid-19 vaccine record to Med-Proctor following these instructions.
- If a Covid-19 vaccine record has not been uploaded to Med-Proctor, the student(s) will need to either, submit proof of vaccine status to Med-Proctor two weeks before planned departure date, or schedule a Covid-19 test no earlier than 72-hours prior to planned departure, and submit a negative test result to the appropriate department that approves travel requests in order to be authorized.
- Students are responsible for understanding the requirements set by the host of the event since these will likely reflect any current health orders in that respective state or city.
- Receive Club Sports Administration and Campus Advisor approval for travel plans.
Travel with Three or more Overnight Experiences
- All the above
- Provide a written plan to Club Sports Administration indicating plans for an unexpected sickness, or a Covid-19 positive test result while travelling. This plan should also include identifying a location where a Covid-19 test can be completed while travelling, and the link to plans and/or requirements set by the host of the event since these will likely reflect any current health orders in that respective state or city.
- Note that UA generally will not pay for quarantine periods required by the destination city/state/municipality. The traveler may be responsible for any additional travel costs outside of the approved travel.
The above polices are subject to change based on recommendations from the University of Akron planning committees related to Covid-19.