Learning Outcomes for 3450:415/515 Combinatorics and Graph Theory
Students are expected to be able to
- Understand and apply the basic concepts of graph theory, including Eulerian trails, Hamiltonian cycles, bipartite graphs, planar graphs, and Euler characteristics.
- Use permutations and combinations to solve counting problems with sets and multisets
- Compute a generating function and apply them to combinatorial problems
- Set up and solve a linear recurrence relation
- Apply the inclusion/exclusion principle