Graduate assistantship contracts

For students to be paid in a timely manner, contracts should be received in the Graduate School a minimum of three weeks before the start date of the contract.

The Graduate Assistant Handbook will serve as a reference guide to the policies and procedures related to University assistantships and tuition scholarships.

All graduate assistants must complete an I-9 form before they can be paid. If a student does not have the I-9 form on file at the Graduate School it must be completed. The I-9 form should be completed as soon as the student arrives on campus, and you can verify their necessary documents.

Directions for completing the Graduate Assistantship/Scholarship contracts

  • Locate the correct forms depending on what type of contract you are completing
  • Double click on the form. This will open the form in PDF format. Complete all information on page one of the form. Complete the appointee recipient name on the bottom of page two
  • Print the forms and obtain the appropriate signatures on the forms (Note: If you wish to save the forms on your computer you must have Adobe Professional installed)
  • Send the forms to the Graduate School for processing. Both pages of each form must be fully completed and have the appropriate signatures for the Graduate School to process the forms. Incomplete forms will be returned
  • After the Graduate School has processed the forms, copies will be available in NOLIJ. The awarding department should provide a copy to the recipient
  • Need help in calculating bi-weekly stipends? Click here to use the bi-weekly pay period calculator

Graduate Assistants 

All graduate assistantship contracts must be entered into PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.

Graduate Assistant Supplemental Funding Contract

The following form should be used when you are supplementing a student on an existing GA contract. This form must be submitted prior to the start date of the payment.

Get answers to your questions about supplemental funding.

One-Time Payment Contract

The following form should be used when you are giving a one-time payment to a student that is not an existing GA. This form must be submitted prior to the start date of the payment.

Graduate Assistantship Full-Time Enrollment Exception Request

The following form should be used when a graduate assistant is in the final semester of degree completion and needs fewer than 9 SCH Fall, 9 SCH Spring, or 6 SCH Summer.

Personnel Action Forms (PAFs)  

The following templates should be used if you are making changes to a GA contract. If you are cancelling a GA contract you should use the Termination PAF Request template. If you are making changes to a contract you should use the Change PAF Request template. All requests for changes or terminations should be emailed to


Contact Vivian Campbell at 330-972-8128 or