School of Education Current Students
Course registration assistance
If you have been admitted to the School of Education and need assistance registering for education courses, click below for details.
Undergrad students admitted to the School of Education:
If you have met prerequisites for a class and are unable to enroll in that class, or if a course requires faculty approval to register, place the course you want/need in your shopping cart in your My Akron Student Center and fill out this
- Registration assistance form
Grad and Post-Bacc students:
Career Services Coordinator
Liaison to the School of Education
View contact info and bio
New job listings are frequently added to our webpage, many of which come from the Ohio Department of Education.
- Teaching jobs in Akron Public Schools posted on our website
- Handshake online job board
- Ohio Department of Education
The LeBron James Family Foundation School of Education and the I Promise School are partnering to offer a unique learning opportunity for LJFF COE students. Students can choose to join a learning community, block schedule 2-3 courses, and spend extended time at the I Promise School. This “lived-in” teacher education model will provide teacher candidates with an enriched field experience. A learning community is limited to 15 students and registration is controlled.
- Take the first step in joining a community by completing the online course request form.
- See flyer for more information
- Undergraduate Student Advising
- Undergraduate programs in Education
- Graduate programs in Education
- School of Education Scholarships
Current students resources
- Application for student teaching
- Student Teaching & Field Experience
- Employment Opportunities
- NE Ohio ACHIEVE (TESOL)
- Professional Development Workshops
- Student Organizations and Service-Focused Programs
- RESA (Resident Educator Summative Assessment)
- Add / Drop a course
Undergraduate Student Advising Office
Zook Hall, Suite 024
Akron, OH 44325