Fluoropolymers for Corrosion Control for Chemical Processes - 2 Day Course
To be scheduled
Time: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Location: Akron Polymer Training Center, Akron, OH 44325-5404
Cost: $1,100 USD
Instructor: Pradip Khaladkar
This course is for those who must deal with corrosion control in chemical handling applications. It describes all the materials available to the operations personnel and focuses on polymer based materials in general for corrosion control and specifically the use of high end corrosion resistant fluoropolymers widely known under the trademark of Teflon®. The course is comprehensive and covers all cradle to grave aspects of them in the chemical handling applications.
Pradip Khaladkar recently retired from DuPont as a Principal Materials Engineer after 37 years in the Materials Engineering group where he was responsible for plastics materials selection, corrosion testing, fabrication, in-service inspection, failure analysis and fitness for service. Additionally, his responsibilities included providing technical support to the Dupont’s market development activities of Teflon® and elastomers. Through this he has provided the same training as the current one at global forums. Currently he works as an Associate Director of the Materials Technology Institute, a consortium of 63 global chemical, petrochemical and petroleum companies. He also runs his own consulting business- PECT Consulting LLC.
He is a co-author of “Fluoropolymers for Corrosion Control”, Elsevier Publishing. He has written chapters in Uhlig’s Corrosion Handbook (Wiley), ASM Handbook, AWS Welding Handbook as well as papers for NACE and SPI.
Pradip Khaladkar has a BS and MS in Chemical Engineering, He is a registered PE in the state of Delaware.
- Basics of corrosion in the chemical industry.
- Materials options -Metals, Polymers (plastics), ceramics and composites
- Use of polymers in general for corrosion control
- Basics of fluoropolymers for corrosion control and their special characteristics
- Application of fluoropolymers in chemical handling – lining for vessels, piping, fittings, vessel internals such as dip pipes, agitators, valves, hoses and expansion joints etc.
- Fabrication of fluoropolymers
- Inspection of and during fluoropolymer fabrication
- Inspection of in-service fluoropolymers equipment and fitness for service determination.
- Lab and field selection methodology of fluoropolymers
- Failure analysis
- Repairs and modification of fluoropolymers