Accessibility at the Rec Center and Ocasek Natatorium
We are committed to providing all patrons access to our facility and supporting everyone's participation in our programs and services.
- Accessible parking, approaches and entrances
- Elevator access to all levels of our facilities
- Accessible restroom, locker room and shower facilities in both the Rec Center and ONAT
- Two accessible all-gender bathrooms located just outside of the leisure pool
- Zero depth entry ramp
- Two water wheelchairs
- Movable chair lift rated for 400 lbs that is usable in both the pool and the spa
- Wheelchair accessible hand holds for self-transfer into spa
- Movable chair lift rated for 450 lbs that is usable around the pool deck
- Removable stair ramp for shallow end access
- Accessible spectator seating for swim meets
We offer adaptive equipment for a range of body types and abilities. We also offer a free orientation for those wishing to learn how to safely use our equipment.
Our fitness floor features a variety of cardio equipment designed to be easily accessible for users with a variety of abilities:
- SciFit upper body ergometer
- Cybex Total Access treadmill
- Step-through recumbent bikes
We also offer a variety of strength equipment designed specifically for easy wheelchair access and adjustable for all skill levels:
- Cybex Total Access strength pieces
- Multi-use cable selectorized units
- Marpo rope trainer
Do you need specific accommodations?
To apply for services, you will need to complete our application and provide any requested supporting documentation. It is recommended that you complete the application at least 3 months in advance to allow time to adequately address your requested accommodations. Significant lead time allows all parties to engage in the interactive process of requesting accommodations, determining reasonable accommodations, and implementing accommodations. Once you submit your application a team member will email you within 10 business days to discuss next steps.