The department is active in many research areas. Students are involved in most of the projects. Below are the major projects currently underway.
|Partial differential equations.
|Algebra and Combinatorics.
Algebra, Number Theory, Combinatorics, Topology, and Game Theory
- Representation Theory of Finite Groups over Fields of Positive Characteristic
- The Generalized Catalan Numbers
- The Geometric Combinatorics of Pseudographs and Beyond
- Character degrees and conjugacy class sizes of finite groups
Mathematics of Materials
Award for Best Paper
Graphene and Carbon Nanotubes
- Photoelectrochemical Fuel Cells
- Microbial Fuel Cells
- Acid Mine Drainage Remediation
- Unsteady Propagation of Reaction Fronts in Frontal Polymerization
- Multi-Scale Modeling, Simulations and Experiments of Coating Growth on Nanofibers
- Two-dimensional heat transfer and thermal stress analysis in float glass processing
- Modeling of calcium carbonate precipitation in natural karst environments under hydrodynamic and chemical kinetic control
Analysis, PDEs, Dynamical systems
Education in Mathematics
- The integration of hand-held graphing technology (HHGT) in the teaching and learning of mathematics.
- The effectiveness of required on-line homework assignments in College Algebra