*** Akron Polymer Training Services now offers remote learning training courses featuring live instructors. For more information, visit our Online Course Requirements webpage. ***
Intrusion Molding and its Recycled Plastics Applications
Time: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Location: 240 South Forge Street, Akron, Ohio 44325
Classroom 217 (Located inside the National Polymer Innovation Center)
Cost: $1,200.00 USD
Instructor: Mr. Christopher Paige
This one-day course will cover the Intrusion Molding Process, recycled plastics applied applications and trouble-shooting problems that can occur with these types of processing equipment. There will be video demonstrations on the operations of Intrusion Molding.
Christopher (Chris) Paige holds a M. S. Degree in Plastics Engineering - 2005 (University of Massachusetts – Lowell) and a M.S. Degree in Polymer Chemistry – 1991 (University of Cincinnati). He is a member of Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE), American Chemical Society (ACS) and America Society of Materials (ASM) and has over 30 years’ experience, working in Industry. As a Laboratory Manager, at the University of Akron, Chris performed numerous hands-on plastics processing projects, for domestic and International corporate clients. He is a subject matter expert on Single Screw Extrusion, Twin Screw Extrusion, Blown Film Processing, 3-D Printing, Thermoforming and Injection Molding. Chris also trained Graduate and Undergraduate students on the hands-on operation of Large scale plastic processing equipment and characterization equipment (Thermal Analysis and mechanical Inston), while at the University of Akron.
- Materials used for the Intrusion Molding Process - Recycled post-consumer plastics.
- Extruder, Auto Fill Carousel Molds, Auto Ejection Systems - Water Bath Cooling.
- Intrusion Molding Cost.
- Advantages of the Intrusion Molding Process.
- Disadvantages of the Intrusion Molding Process, in that the process is not suitable for thin walled or Intricate detailed products).
- Preventive Maintenance and Safety Precautions.
Applications of the Intrusion Molding Process
- Plastic Lumber products, from similar recycled plastics.
- Plastic Fence Post, from mixed recycled plastics.
Trouble Shooting and Resolving Intrusion Molding Problems or Issues
- What is Trouble-Shooting? – Note: Trouble- shooting is not Process Development or Process Scale-Up.
- Identification of the problems or Issues that can occur, with Intrusion Molding equipment.
- Finding the Best Approach to resolving Intrusion Molding Problems, or Issues.
Video Demonstration of an Operational Intrusion Molder
- Video Demonstration of an Operational Intrusion Molder