Discover a world of fun at University of Akron summer camps
Whether your daughter wants to advance her esports skills or your son wants to brush up on leadership fundamentals, the University of Akron is offering dozens of summer camps. From athletic camps to STEM-focused learning, to arts and music, there is something sure to delight each member of your family.
Camp highlights include:
- Multiplying Your Options is a week-long camp at the end of June for girls entering 7thand 8th Campers will talk to representatives from local engineering firms, design a project and compete against other student teams.
- Esports - The UA Esports staff will offer classes to help campers learn about professions in the realm of esports, with topics ranging from broadcasting to PC building. Each session will focus on improving communication and teamwork skills.
- Using sports as a vehicle to teach STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) concepts is an innovative method of learning for students, who will gain hands-on experience in a fun environment.
- Myers School of Art is offering free pre-college summer program for rising junior and senior high school art students. Participants will work directly with faculty and staff to create a personal. Open studios will include ceramics, photography, painting/drawing, maker lab, and graphic design.
- From Engineering to Entrepreneurship offers a Shark Tank type of approach to planning and designing an innovation or service that will be pitched to a panel of real local entrepreneurs and industrialists.
Visit the University of Akron Summer page to learn more!
Media contact: Cristine Boyd, 330-972-6476 or email@example.com