Loan Repayment Options
Several options are available to help you repay your loan. When it is time for you to begin repaying your loans, you will receive information from your loan servicer about repayment terms. Remember, The University of Akron is not your lender.
- Exit Interview for Nursing and Perkins loans | Required if you are graduating or attending less than half time. Repayment options will be discussed.
- Exit Interview for Direct Loans/Stafford loans | Required if you are graduating or attending less than half time. Repayment options will be discussed.
Loan repayment and servicing
- Direct Loan Servicing Provides information on setting up repayment of your Direct Loans including Stafford, PLUS, and GradPLUS.
- My Great Lakes Allows students who have FFELP Stafford Loans taken during or before spring 2010 to manage those Stafford Loans.
- ACS, Inc manages Perkins and Nursing loans. Contact ACS at 800-826-4470 with questions.
Loan repayment information
- Contact information for loan servicing centers
- Postponing Payments If you have trouble making payments, review these important suggestions to prevent your loans from going into default.
- Loan Consolidation Provides information regarding benefits of and procedures for applying for consolidation of multiple loans.
- Income-Driven Repayment Plan Information A new repayment option for students allowing federal loan payments to be more affordable for students over time.
- Loan Forgiveness, Cancellation, and Discharge Information Provides information about the conditions under which a Stafford loan may be forgiven or discharged.
- Aid for Military Families
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program FAQs
- Office of the Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Helps resolve disputes and solve other problems with federal student loans.