Working with UA and its Research Foundation
The University of Akron's research services offer support for:
- Providing access to research expertise
- Facilitating testing and research services
- Licensing UA technology
- Providing graduate student interns
- Entrepreneurs and startups:
- Conducting customer discovery and market research
- Mentorship by experienced UARF Senior Fellows
- Providing paths to funding
- Adding student interns to supplement your team
- Supporting grant applications
- Helping with technology commercialization
- Partnering to reach out to customers and learn about markets
- Patenting and licensing new technologies
- Providing internships and unique opportunities
- Forming teams to learn what its like to launch a product through I-Corps Sites
- Making investment recommendations on real companies through NEOSVF
- Supporting area businesses through internship partnerships
Dr. Sucharita Ghosh will share her expertise in international economics and conduct research at the University of Salento and the University of Bari.
UA's Dr. Jordan Renna is part of a team of scientists whose research findings could aid in developing treatments for human vision disorders and diseases.
How does the male rainbow peacock spider make its intense rainbow iridescent signal to entice females? The answer has implications for a wide array of fields, including biotechnology.
Dr. Yu Zhu is heading a project to extend the amount of time between battery charge.