Working with UA and its Research Foundation
The University of Akron's research services offer support for:
- Providing access to research expertise
- Facilitating testing and research services
- Licensing UA technology
- Providing graduate student interns
- Entrepreneurs and startups:
- Conducting customer discovery and market research
- Mentorship by experienced UARF Senior Fellows
- Providing paths to funding
- Adding student interns to supplement your team
- Supporting grant applications
- Helping with technology commercialization
- Partnering to reach out to customers and learn about markets
- Patenting and licensing new technologies
- Providing internships and unique opportunities
- Forming teams to learn what its like to launch a product through I-Corps Sites
- Making investment recommendations on real companies through NEOSVF
- Supporting area businesses through internship partnerships
Sixth graders at Dodge Intermediate School in Twinsburg enjoyed their visit with Dr. Joseph Kennedy, who talked about inventions, patents and his journey to America.
Researchers will work to understand how melanin is synthesized by natural organisms, and use synthetic melanin to develop new kinds of advanced materials.
The University of Akron graduated the first two students in the world with Ph.D.-level training in biomimicry during spring ommencement ceremonies.
For the first time in the history of the LaunchTown Entrepreneurship Awards, one university swept all three top spots — The University of Akron.