Fingerprinting services on campus
As a service to our community, The University of Akron Police Department provides fingerprinting services to students, faculty and staff for nominal fees.
Certain Webcheck records must be mailed directly to an outside agency. Please check with the department or agency that your background check is being conducted for to determine if this requirement is necessary. If a "mailto" Webcheck is necessary, please bring the correct address information with you at the time of the fingerprinting. This information is submitted along with your fingerprints and cannot be changed at a later date. Webcheck results are usually returned within a few days but your Webcheck results could take up to 2-3 weeks from the submitted date as long as you do not have any previous arrest history. If you have been arrested, results could take up to 3 months.
|Type of Fingerprinting||Cost|
|Ohio BCI Webchecks||$29|
|National FBI Webchecks||$31|
|Both BCI and FBI Webchecks (Necessary for teacher licensure or for persons who have not been a resident of Ohio for the last five years.)||$56|
To efficiently process the large number of fingerprinting requests, the department has scheduled fingerprinting as outlined below. Exceptions can be scheduled if you are not able to make one of the times listed below. Please call UAPD Dispatch at 330-972-7123 to schedule an exception.
- Weekdays: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Photo ID (driver's license preferred)
- Appropriate fee - cash or check only please!
- Know why you are being printed! (i.e., admissions to college, licensure, permit, etc.)
- If your department is paying for the background check, please inform the dispatcher of this.
- If you have rough or dry hands, please make sure to use a moisturizer for two or three days before being printed.
- If you are having a "mail-to" record done, please know the address of the agency you are working for.
- Communicate distinctly what type of background check needs to be done to satisfy your needs (i.e. copy to DOE, mailto, etc.) to both the dispatcher and the technician taking your prints.
- If you need to be fingerprinted, go to the dispatch office in station 1 (show on map).
For large groups or to schedule a class to be fingerprinted, contact Terri Charlton at 330-972-6181 or firstname.lastname@example.org.