Apply to The University of Akron

Application information for future doctors, people who are age 60 and older, those who want to earn a certificate or re-enroll, and those who simply want to take a class but are not looking for a degree.

Joint Bachelor of Science/Doctor of Medicine degree

Our joint Bachelor of Science/Doctor of Medicine degree is granted through the Northeast Ohio Medical School.

How to apply for BS/MD

The application is posted around Aug. 1. Direct questions about applying to NEOMED at 330-325-6270. The application fee covers the cost of application to all three universities.

Certificate-seeking and special students

This is for people who:

Start the application

Re-enroll at UA

If you were a student here, then stopped attending and now want to return, call the Office of Admissions at 330-972-7100 or 1-800-655-4884 during normal business hours.

Students at other locations

To attend one of these UA locations, indicate your intention on your application for admission:

  • Wayne College
  • Medina County University Center
  • Midpoint Campus Center
  • UA-Lakewood
  • Holmes County

For Distance Learning, apply through the Office of Admissions. When you register for classes, select Distance Learning as a Mode of Instruction.

Sixty-plus program

Sixty Plus (60+) is available for students over 60 years old.

I'm also a veteran

We have services just for you. Learn more.

Additional application types

  • You are a high school student, or graduated from high school or earned a GED less than 5 years ago, apply as a new freshman
  • You are taking, or have completed, classes at another college and want to complete your degree at UA. You may have already earned an associates and seek another, or a bachelor's, apply as a transfer student
  • It has been more than 5 years since you graduated from high school or earned a G.E.D., and you have never attended college, apply as an adult

Was this information helpful?