Learn how to successfully manage financial expenses and minimize financial stress.
- Develop a budget
- Know where your money goes
- Plan for major purchases
- Save for emergencies
- Plan for retirement
- Protect your credit
- Financial aid
- The Office of Student Financial Aid provides assistance for students, parents and families in accessing funding for higher education, while also providing service, advocacy, and financial education to UA students.
- Financial wellness
- Juggling finances as a student can be tricky. ZipAssist offers a variety of financial resources and educational programs to help.
- Emergency financial assistance
- The Student Emergency Financial Assistance (SEFA) program provides critical support to at-risk students needing to overcome financial obstacles in order to persist at The University of Akron.
Community and national resources
- Akron Financial Empowerment Center
- Provides financial coaching to individuals, helping them to acquire the skills to budget and save, develop healthy banking relationships and raise their credit scores.
- A guide to making informed financial choices, teaching financial skills that make sense in the real world and helping students take control of their financial futures.