We look forward to seeing you again soon! The following guidelines are in place for everyone's safety and to meet state regulations. We ask for your help in meeting all of these for a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
Arrival and check-in
With a touchless scan-in process, you will continue to check-in at the front desk of the Rec or ONAT. Please have your Zip Card ready to scan as you approach the desk.
Per CDC guidelines, self-assessment is required prior to entering the facility. If you answer "yes" to any of the following, please refrain from visiting us:
- Are you experiencing fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell or body aches?
- Do you have a temperature reading of 100.4°F/38°C or above?
- Have you come in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of Covid-19 in the last 14 days?
In addition, on your first visit back to the Rec you will need to sign an informed consent statement before entering.
Face-covering polices effective as of August 9, 2021: Current campus policy.
- The University has changed its protocol to align with the CDC guidance and requires everyone – regardless of vaccination status – to wear a mask/face covering in indoor public areas (not private offices and residences) across all campuses.
- Facial coverings are required for all individuals utilizing SRWS facilities, to include SRWC, ONAT & Central Hower South Gymnasium; spaces includes fitness floor, gyms, rock wall, aerobics studios, track & locker rooms
- Facial coverings are not required while individuals are utilizing the swimming pool(s), spa &/or shower facilities
- Individuals requesting an accommodation pertaining to mask usage while utilizing SRWS facilities can visit our website to fill out the appropriate form
Directional cues will be placed around our facility to help you navigate according to our new one-way traffic flows. Videos and maps will be uploaded here as soon as they are available.
Areas and services
Spaces and services available under current operations:
- Membership sales
- Guest pass sales
- Showers in both the Rec and ONAT
- Distanced cardio and strength equipment in blue courts 4 and 5
- Stretching area on the fitness floor
- ONAT pool and racquetball courts
- Leisure pool and hot tub
- Intramural sports
- Group exercise classes
- Rock wall
- Outdoor equipment rental (by appointment)
Please remember that physical distancing and facial covering guidelines should be followed throughout all areas.
Locker rooms, restrooms and changing rooms will be available. Please note that every third locker will be available for use, not including those that are already rented. We encourage everyone to minimize the number of personal items brought into the facility, come dressed and ready to work out, and consider washing up at home.
You will notice a number of changes that will help keep the facilities clean:
- Increased facility and equipment disinfecting will take place throughout the day.
- Doors will be propped open in designated areas to minimize germ spread on commonly touched surfaces.
- Equipment must remain in its designated area to decrease the spread of germs.
Even with these measures in place, we need your help! Please practice excellent personal hygiene and wipe down equipment before and after each use. For your convenience:
- Additional cleaning stations (spray bottles) and hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the facility.
- Equipment cleaning towels will be available after you check in and can be deposited into designated bins as you exit the facility.