Dr. Mary Ann B. Meador
ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces
Senior Research Scientist, retired
NASA Glenn Research Center
- 1983 Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- 1979 B.S., Chemistry, Duquesne University Pittsburgh, PA
- Associate Editor, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2009-present
- Senior Chemical Engineer, Materials and Structures Division, NASA Glenn Research Center, 1995-2019
- Chemical Engineer, Materials Division, NASA Lewis Research Center, 1992-1995
- Chemical Engineer, Materials Division, NASA Lewis Research Center, 1987-1992
- Chemist, Polymers Branch NASA Lewis Research Center, 1983-1987
- Polyimide Aerogels as Lightweight Dielectric Insulators for Carbon Nanotube Cables. Oliver Dewey, Linda S. McCorkle, Mary Ann Meador and Matteo Pasquali, ACS Applied Polymer Materials, 2019, ASAP
- Effect of Methylene Chains in the Backbone of Polyimide Aerogels. Marcos Pantoja, Nicholas Boynton, Kevin A. Cavicchi, Mary Ann B. Meador, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2019, 11 (9), 9425–9437. (February 22, 2019)
- β-Cyclodextrin-Derived Monolithic, Hierarchically Porous Polyimide Designed for Versatile Molecular Separation Applications. Eric E. Leonhardt, Mary Ann B. Meador, and Karen L. Wooley, Chemistry of Materials, 2018, 30 (18), 6226–6230 (September 10, 2018).
- Nanostructure-Dependent Marcus-Type Correlation of the Shape Recovery Rate and the Young’s Modulus in Shape Memory Polymer Aerogels. Suraj Donthula, Chandana Mandal, James Schisler. Theodora Leventis, Mary Ann B. Meador, Chariklia Sotiriou-Leventis, and Nicholas Leventis, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2018, 10(27), 23321-23334. (June 27, 2018)
- High Performance Triboelectric Nanogenerators Made of Polyamide Nanofiber Mats and Polyimide Aerogel Film: Output Optimization and Performance in Circuits. Hao-Yang Mia, Xin Jing, Mary Ann B. Meador, Haiquan Guo, Lih-Sheng Turng and Shaoqin Gong, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2018, 10 (36), 30596–30606.
- Crosslinked Polyurea-co-polyurethane Aerogels with Hierarchical Structures and Low Stiffness.; Andrew Shinko, Mary Ann B. Meador, Sadhan Jana, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 2018, 487, 19-27.
- Highly Porous Polymer Aerogel Film-Based Triboelectric Nanogenerator. Qifeng Zheng, Liming Fang, Haiquan Guo, Kefang Yang, Zhiyong Cai, Mary Ann B. Meador, and Shaoqin Gong; Advanced Functional Materials, 2018, 1706365.
- Polyimide Aerogels Using Triisocyanate as Cross-linker. Baochau N. Nguyen, Mary Ann B. Meador, Daniel Scheiman, and Linda McCorkle, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2017, 9 (32), 27313–27321 (July 24, 2017).
- Effect of Bulky Substituents in the Backbone on the Properties of Polyimide Aerogels. Rocco P. Viggiano, Jarrod C. Williams, Mary Ann B. Meador, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2017, 9, 8287−8296.
- Highly Porous, Rigid Rod Polyamide Aerogels with Superior Mechanical Properties. Jarrod Williams, Baochau N. Nguyen, Linda McCorkle, Daniel Scheiman, Justin S. Griffin, Stephen A. Steiner III, Mary Ann B. Meador, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2017, 9 (2), 1801–1809.
- POLY Fellow, 2019
- R&D 100 Award, R&D Magazine, 2005, 2012, 2015
- American Chemical Society Fellow, September 2013
- NorTech Innovation Award, March 2013
- NASA Medal for Exceptional Technology Achievement, August 2012
- NASA Medal for Exceptional Achievement, July 2009
- Nano50 Award, 2005, inaugural class of 50 most commercially viable nanotechnologies
- Abe Silverstein Medal, 2005
- Glenn Distinguished Publication of the Year, 2003
- Lewis Educational and Research Collaboration Internship Program Mentor of the Year, 1998
- NASA Medal for Exceptional Service, 1997