News: Upcoming Parking Lot Closures and Events
Parking updates through Sept. 24
- Lot 70 south, near Quaker Station, will be partially reserved Thursday, Sept. 15, for an Akron Roundtable event. Please observe the signs and cones placed in the reserved spaces. Alternate parking will be available in Lot 70 just north of the Mill Street Bridge.
- Lot 6 at InfoCision Stadium will be partially reserved Thursday, Sept. 22, for an AUAR meeting. Alternate parking will be available at the remaining open meters in the lot and in Lot 9, south of the stadium.
- Lot 18 at the Student Union will be partially reserved Thursday, Sept. 22, through 1 p.m. Alternate parking is available in Lot 36, Lot 37 and Lot 39.
- Vine Street, north of InfoCision Stadium, Lot 6 and Lot 9, will close at midnight on Thursday, Sept. 22, through the conclusion of the Zips home football game on Saturday, Sept. 24. All vehicles must vacate the posted area by midnight or face towing at owners' expense. Alternate parking for commuters will be available in Lot 1 – East Campus Deck and Lot 36 – South Campus Deck.
- Lot 10 and Lot 8, the lots behind the Student Recreation and Wellness Center and Stile Athletics Field House, will be exit only after noon on Thursday, Sept. 22, in preparation for the Archbishop Hoban vs. St. Vincent-St. Mary football game at 7 p.m. on Friday, Sept 23, at InfoCision Stadium-Summa Field.
- Expect minor traffic delays after 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 23, on the east side of campus due to football game traffic.
Downtown Akron Marathon Road Closures, Weekend of September 24
- Main from State to Bowery (beginning at 6 p.m.)
- Main from Exchange to State (beginning at 6:30 p.m.)
- Buchtel from High to Main (beginning at 7 p.m.)
- High from Bowery to University (beginning at 7 p.m.)
Saturday morning beginning at 5 a.m.:
- Main from Exchange to Market (5 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.)
- High from Exchange to Church (5 a.m. – 10:35 a.m.)
Saturday morning beginning at 6:50 a.m.:
- High from Church to Martin Luther King (MLK) 6:50 a.m. – 10:35 a.m.)
- MLK from Howard to N Summit (6:50 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.)
Saturday morning beginning at 7:25 a.m.:
- Broadway from MLK to Exchange (7:25 a.m. – 9 a.m.)
- University (westbound) from Broadway to Hill (7:30 a.m. – 9:05 a.m.)
- Spicer from E Buchtel to Exchange (7:30 a.m. – 9:20 a.m.)
- Exchange (westbound) from Spicer to High (7:35 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.)
- High from Exchange to Bartges (7:35 a.m. – 9:40 a.m.)
- Bartges (eastbound) from High to Dart (7:40 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.)
- Exchange (lane restrictions) from High to Dart (7:40 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.)
- Market from Summit to Merriman (8 a.m. – 11 a.m.)
- Market (eastbound) from Main to Portage path (8:45 a.m. – 1:10 p.m.)
Parking permit and enforcement update
Fall 2016 parking permits are still available to be picked up in the Parking and Transportation Services office located in the North Campus Deck. Commuter students who need to park from 2 a.m. to 5 a.m. will need to purchase the Overnight Parking validation to park in designated overnight parking lots. Graduate Assistants must have an approved permit application in the system for overnight access.
Enforcement of general permit and overnight parking regulations will begin Tuesday Sept. 6, 2016. As in previous years, the first citation will be issued as a warning for select minor violations; such as not displaying a permit or expired parking meters. Parking regulations will be enforced 24 / 7 on the main campus by both parking employees and the UAPD.
For further information, please visit the Parking Fines and the Overnight Parking webpages. Contact Parking and Transportation Services with questions or concerns.
Roo Express Bus Tracking System
The University of Akron’s Parking and Transportation Services Department has added a GPS system to the Roo Express shuttle buses that provides real-time location data. Students, faculty, staff and visitors can use a computer or mobile device to track the Roo Express Shuttle bus at any of the bus stops on and around campus!
DoubleMap App features:
· View buses in real time on the map and know when your bus will arrive.
· View specific routes and associated stops.
· Allows you to easily identify the buses with color coded bus routes and abbreviated route letters.
· Announcements concerning shuttle delays, cancellation of service due to weather, re-routing or changes in route stops can be viewed easily.
· Compatible with smartphones (FREE app), laptops and desktops.
· Easily submit feedback on services or technical issues.
For information regarding DoubleMap visit http://www.uakron.edu/parking/roo-express/doublemap.dot or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for additional information at email@example.com.