News: Upcoming Parking Lot Closures and Events
Trump Campaign Event
Monday, August 22, there will be several lot closures and campus will see increased traffic in the evening due to a Trump Campaign Event. View our map to see the effected areas.
The following lots will be closed Wednesday Aug. 24 for North Quad resident move in:
- Lot 22 – located in the College Street circle near Ritchie Hall
- Lot 24 – located at Central Hower (both sections)
- Lot 26 – North Campus Deck
- Lot 27 – located on the corner of Buchtel Avenue and Hill Street, near E.J. Thomas Performing Arts Hall
Alternative parking will be available in Lot 1 - East Campus Deck as well as Lot 29 and Lot 45, north of Olson Research near the Lincoln Building.
The following lots will be closed Thursday Aug. 25 for South and East Quad resident move in:
- Lot 44 – located behind South Hall
- Lot 46 – located at Gallucci Hall
- Lot 47 – located at Folk Hall
- Lot 10 – located next to the Stiles Athletics Fieldhouse
- Vine Street – closed between Spicer and S. Union streets
Alternative parking will be available in Lot 1 - East Campus Deck and Lot 36 - South Campus Deck.
Increased vehicular and pedestrian traffic can be expected around the residence halls over the weekend as well.
Roo Express Bus Tracking System
The University of Akron’s Parking and Transportation Services Department has added a GPS system to the Roo Express shuttle buses that provides real-time location data. Students, faculty, staff and visitors can use a computer or mobile device to track the Roo Express Shuttle bus at any of the bus stops on and around campus!
DoubleMap App features:
· View buses in real time on the map and know when your bus will arrive.
· View specific routes and associated stops.
· Allows you to easily identify the buses with color coded bus routes and abbreviated route letters.
· Announcements concerning shuttle delays, cancellation of service due to weather, re-routing or changes in route stops can be viewed easily.
· Compatible with smartphones (FREE app), laptops and desktops.
· Easily submit feedback on services or technical issues.
For information regarding DoubleMap visit http://www.uakron.edu/parking/roo-express/doublemap.dot or email us at email@example.com.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.