ADVANCE: New Student Orientation for Multicultural students
What is ADVANCE?
ADVANCE is a special orientation program for multicultural students at The University of Akron. Participants meet with current UA students, faculty, and administrators who help students learn how to identify and handle the challenges typically encountered in the freshmen year.
Benefits of ADVANCE
- Two-day session dates offer the experience of staying overnight in a residence hall
- Participation in interactive informational sessions
- Review of the financial aid process
- Meet other multicultural students
- Learn more about the support services offered at The University of Akron
- Thursday, May 30- Friday, May 31
- Monday, June 3- Tuesday, June 4
- Tuesday, June 18-Wednesday, June 19
- Monday, June 24-Tuesday, June 25
- Tuesday, July 9- Wednesday, July 10
- Wednesday, July 17-Thursday, July18
- Monday, July 29-Tuesday, July 30
How to sign up for ADVANCE
The overnight stay and all meals are included in your commitment fee. There is no additional charge to participate in the program. If you would like to schedule one of the orientation dates above, please click here to sign up!
Please contact the Office of Multicultural Development at 330-972-6769 with any questions.