What is it?
Respondus Monitor is an online non-proctored solution for courses that are hybrid or fully online ONLY. Respondus Monitor helps to protect the integrity of online exams by recording the testing session for each individual student through the use of a webcam and microphone. Using Monitor also requires students to use Respondus LockDown Browser.
For Students: Respondus Monitor Quick Start Tutorials
For Faculty: Getting Started with Respondus Monitor
To use Respondus Monitor in your course, take these steps:
- If you want to allow students to take the exam in CBAE, you MUST complete this form immediately: https://akron.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6Gp45YZbrZTbHaR
- Important NOTE: Students CANNOT use Respondus Monitor in ANY public building on campus. This includes CBAE. For privacy reasons, Respondus Monitor is designed to ONLY be used in the student's home.
- If it is your first time using Respondus Monitor, download and install this pre-created module into your course. This includes a Sample Quiz that will allow your students to try Respondus Monitor before a major quiz or exam. To import this into your course:
- Open the MyTools menu of your course.
- Click Import/Export/Copy.
- Click Import Course Backups.
- Click Start.
- Click Upload and locate the Respondus_Template_Sample_Quiz file you downloaded.
- Click Open.
- Click Import All Components.
- You should now see the Respondus LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor module at the bottom of your Content. We recommend that you click and drag the module to the top of your Content.
- Include a statement in your syllabus to notify students that they will be required to use the software.
- Please note that Respondus Monitor is only available for hybrid and online courses.
- Watch for a communication from DDS with instructions to get your exams ready for that term.
- Notify CBAE (https://akron.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6Gp45YZbrZTbHaR) if your students have the option to use the proctored lab. This must be repeated every semester for each course.
- For ALL exams that are using Respondus Monitor, you will need to visit your Respondus Monitor settings and change any passwords.