Whatever you need to do at The University of Akron, Information Technology can help. We provide and support all University-wide technology that benefits UA's business operations and academic mission, including:
IT services include:
- My Akron, your access to University of Akron services such as free software downloads, employee benefits, registration, grades, and more.
- Brightspace (formerly Springboard)
- Web Design & Support
- Network access - landlines and wireless
- Instructional Services, support for a broad range of instruction tools and pragmatic suggestions on how to incorporate these tools into your instructional practice.
- Computer Based Assessment & Evaluation for online tests, surveys and evaluations.
- Design & Development, which specializes in building technology-based instructional materials.
- Computer lab support for general purpose labs, though many labs are supported by individual colleges and departments.
- Computer Repair Services
- Project Management
- Phone support
- Internet and Server Systems Services
- Audio Visual Services
- Distance Learning
- Enterprise Applications Services (PeopleSoft)
- Hardware & Operating Systems Services
- Computer security and passwords
- Email services
- Software Training and online documentation for software and services
- Computer help through our Support Desk. A good place to start is the Support Wiki.
For assistance with any technology issues, contact the Support Desk at 330-972-6888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.