The University of Akron will never e-mail you and ask you to disclose or verify your UA password. If you receive a suspicious e-mail with a link to update your account information, do not click on the link--instead, report the e-mail to The University of Akron for investigation.
Report any incident that you feel is a violation of the University of Akron’s acceptable use policy or an information security issue involving a subject or system of the University of Akron.
Before you report this incident please review the following points:
- If the incident involves electronic harassment and/or you fear for your physical safety, please contact campus police (330.972.2911) or your local police department.
- For Personally Identifiable Information (PII) please use the Security Incident Response Plan for reporting this type of sensitive data
- Time maybe critical, please report the incident as soon as possible.
To report an incident, send email describing the event to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following:
- First and Last name.
- Phone number where you can be reached.
- Indicate any systems or IP address that might be involved (if you know)
- Indicate if the incident involves sensitive information such as the following:
- Credit Card Numbers
- Personnel information (SSN, birth date, address etc.)
- HIPAA protected information (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act Policy)
- FERPA protected information (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Policy)
If you're reporting a security vulnerability, please use the Security Vulnerability Submission form.
Note: The University of Akron Acceptable Use Policy 11-10, (F), (1), (b), (iv) states, "Engaging in port scanning or security scanning" as misuse and potentially destructive or damaging. Information Security does not endorse the scanning of our Information Systems actively or passively, without express consent.