UA launches fully online degrees05/20/2020
To meet the demands of today’s students who seek additional opportunities for flexible learning, The University of Akron has unveiled 11 new fully online degrees. The programs are currently open to new and transfer students beginning fall 2020.
UA has added seven bachelor’s degrees, one master’s degree and three associate degrees to its roster of fully online degree programs. Degree programs include:
- Master of Arts in Strategic Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Public Relations)
- Bachelor of Arts in Strategic and Organizational Communication
- Bachelor of Science in Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Emergency Management and Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science in Organizational Supervision
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Associate of Arts
- Associate of Technical Studies
- Associate of Science
“We recognize that many of today’s students seek increased flexibility to better accommodate family schedules, full-time employment or personal passions, but we also understand the importance of quality online learning,” said Executive Vice President and Provost John Wiencek.
“UA’s online degree programs are taught by the same faculty who teach onsite classes, and online students have access to all the resources available to onsite students, including advising, career services, our library (with vast online assets), tutoring, financial aid and help-desk support.”
The new degrees will augment UA’s already popular fully online degrees including a Master of Taxation, Master of Arts in Speech-Language Pathology, Bachelor of Science in Allied Health Care Administration and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN). UA will continue to add additional fully online programs over the course of this year to meet student demands.
Media contact: Cristine Boyd, 330-972-6476 or cboyd @uakron.edu.