THE GRADUATE SCHOOL
How to apply for a certificate program
To ensure successful completion of your application please review the points below.
- There is a $45 nonrefundable application fee for domestic applicants.
- There is a $70 nonrefundable application fee for international applicants.
- If you are reapplying for a certificate program, the nonrefundable reapplication fee is $45.
- All application fees must be paid by credit card when submitting the online application.
- University of Akron undergraduates are required to pay the application fee.
- Official transcripts must be submitted to the Graduate School from each college or university attended, except The University of Akron. Send official transcripts to The University of Akron Graduate School, Leigh Hall, Room 515, Akron, Ohio, 44325-2101.
Tip: We recommend that you contact the appropriate department to determine what, if any, additional requirements exist for admission to a graduate certificate program.
Once the Graduate School has received notice from the academic department regarding the recommendation for admission, the Graduate School will notify you of the final results via e-mail. Included in this e-mail will be:
- your student ID number; and
- a checklist with information about registration, parking and purchasing textbooks.
Admission is valid for one year
Students are admitted for the term for which they seek admission as indicated on the graduate application. Admission for graduate studies is valid for one year, thus students are provided the option of deferring admission to a later semester within the one year timeframe. The offer of admission is void, however, if students do not register for courses within one year from the semester of admission. This does not apply to admission to those programs that admit for the fall semester only. Admission to such programs is only valid for that fall term for which admission was granted.
If you have reviewed the information and are ready to submit your application click on the link below.