Summer Bridge – Future Engineers Program at The University of Akron
The Summer Bridge – Future Engineers Program is an 8-week program designed to ease the transition from high school to college by helping students get a head start on math requirements. They will enter their freshman year with more confidence, stronger study habits, and the skills needed to succeed in Calculus I.
Incoming 2019-2020 University of Akron freshmen who have declared a biomedical engineering major and placed into Pre-Calculus.
- Pre-Calculus course (4 credits)
- Study tables with math and engineering tutors
- Optional elective: Public Speaking, Human Diversity, or English I (3 credits)
- Hands-on engineering projects (optional)
- Visits to engineering companies (optional)
Standard tuition rates and fees apply. Total cost based on number of courses. Financial aid available.
8-week program starting June 10, 2019
9:45 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The University of Akron campus
Renee Timberlake, Director of Scholarships and Undergraduate Affairs
April 8, 2019, 6-7 p.m.
The University of Akron
Auburn Science and Engineering Center, Room #223
Register here for the Summer Bridge Info Session.