Economics Program Information
Learn about CBA economics students, careers, organizations that have recently hired CBA graduates, and much more on the Economics Department page.
Resources are available to help you learn more about the school and major, and determine class schedules, requirements, and progress toward you degree.
Before you apply to The University of Akron, contact our Undergraduate Recruiter to answer your questions. Current UA students who want to be admitted to a major should be sure to visit an undergraduate Academic Adviser.
Once you are admitted to The University of Akron, you will use the Degree Progress Report (DPR), which is an online tool to view information about your progress toward graduation. DPR outlines your degree requirements, marks completed courses, and shows your remaining coursework.
Once you are a student, The University of Akron and the College of Business offer tutoring services for additional help in many subjects.
- The University of Akron offers free online tutorials for students to learn to use a variety of software programs, like Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Google Docs, and Brightspace through Hoonuit.
- The Economics department offers tutoring for Economics courses.
- The main campus library has writing and math Tutoring Services.
The College of Business Administration is associated with many student organizations through which you can expand your classroom learning and enhance your leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills. Within these organizations you will meet students from diverse backgrounds and will have opportunities to interact with business professionals, participate in competitions and organize community service projects. Students are encouraged to actively participate in the organization(s) of their choice.
- American Marketing Association
- Pi Sigma Epsilon (PSE)
- The Fisher Society for Professional Selling