When it comes to earning a college degree, the greatest obstacle can be funding.
For this reason, The University of Akron is pleased for the opportunity each year to assist talented, deserving students achieve their dreams, thanks to more than 1,300 named scholarships established through the kindness and generosity of thousands of UA alumni and friends, corporations, and foundations.
Scholarships truly are the best way to ensure that today’s students persist to graduation. Scholarships allow students to enroll full time and remain focused on their studies; they also reduce drop-out rates, decrease the stress of student loans, and shorten the road to graduation.
The need for scholarships grows each year, however, as students continue to face an increased financial burden in pursuit of a college degree. In fact, 94 percent of today’s baccalaureate students borrow to pay for college – versus just 45 percent in 1993. Across the country, the average college-related debt for borrowers in the class of 2016 was $37,172; for Ohio students, that figure was $30,239.
If you are interested in making a significant contribution to student success, please consider a gift to the MAKING A DIFFERENCE AND MOVING FORWARD scholarship campaign, which is the University's most important initiative. You may also establish a named scholarship at The University of Akron, which can be created to honor a living person, in memory of a loved one, or to contribute to the growth of an area of study.
To learn more, please contact the Department of Development at 330-972-7238.
Search for a Named Scholarship
- Taber, Dr. Margaret R. Scholarship for Women in Electronic Engineering Technology
- Taber, Dr. Margaret R. Scholarship for Women in Engineering
- Taber, Jean Hower Endowment Fund
- Taber, Jean Hower Scholarship
- Taft, Bob Internship in Applied Politics
- Takas, Andrew and Jane H. Scholarship for Excellence
- Talbert, Gerard John and Betty Jane Scholarship in Engineering
- Taliaferro, Cathryn Carroll Endowed Fund in English
- Taliaferro, Cathryn Carroll Phi Sigma Alpha Scholarship
- Taliaferro, Orrin David Memorial Post Clock Fund
- Tallal, Matthew M. Scholarship Fund
- Tannenbaum, James Memorial Scholarship
- Tax Executives Institute Inc. Scholarship
- Tax Executives Institute Inc., Cleveland Chapter Graduate Assistant Award
- Taylor Sr., Thomas H. Scholarship Fund
- Taylor, Donald Scholarship
- Taylor, Mike and Cindy Textbook Scholarship
- Tebow, Anne Pleasants Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Terry, Michael J. and Amy L. Endowed Scholarship
- Terzian Family Scholarship
- Thomas, David F. Endowed Scholarship for Excellence in Business Administration
- Thomas, Joseph Memorial Scholarship
- Thomas, Matthew Memorial Scholarship
- Thompson, Philip S. Scholarship for Diversity in Engineering and Business
- Thornton, Colonel Clark O. Ph.D. Endowed Scholarship
- Thornton, Kaitlyn M. Emergency Fund for Nursing Students
- Ticona Excellence in Polymer Science/Engineering Plastics Student Awards
- Timken International Scholarship
- Timmerman Geotechnical Family Scholarship
- Tire Town Chapter Endowed Scholarship
- Trajectory, College of Engineering Award
- Treadgold Polymer Science Awards in Rubber Reinforcement
- Trushel, Verna Displaced Homemaker Scholarship
- Trusler, Aileen McMurray Professorship
- Tucker, Charles S. Family Scholarship
- Tucker, David Memorial Scholarship Fund in Engineering
- Tudor, Brenda K. Endowed Scholarship
- Turner Construction Award for Women in Engineering and/or Women in Construction Engineering Technology