When it comes to earning a college degree, the greatest obstacle can be funding.
For this reason, The University of Akron is pleased for the opportunity each year to assist talented, deserving students achieve their dreams, thanks to more than 1,300 named scholarships established through the kindness and generosity of thousands of UA alumni and friends, corporations, and foundations.
Scholarships truly are the best way to ensure that today’s students persist to graduation. Scholarships allow students to enroll full time and remain focused on their studies; they also reduce drop-out rates, decrease the stress of student loans, and shorten the road to graduation.
The need for scholarships grows each year, however, as students continue to face an increased financial burden in pursuit of a college degree. In fact, 94 percent of today’s baccalaureate students borrow to pay for college – versus just 45 percent in 1993. Across the country, the average college-related debt for borrowers in the class of 2016 was $37,172; for Ohio students, that figure was $30,239.
If you are interested in making a significant contribution to student success, please consider a gift to the MAKING A DIFFERENCE AND MOVING FORWARD scholarship campaign, which is the University's most important initiative. You may also establish a named scholarship at The University of Akron, which can be created to honor a living person, in memory of a loved one, or to contribute to the growth of an area of study.
To learn more, please contact the Department of Development at 330-972-7238.
Search for a Named Scholarship
- Nash Family Endowed Scholarship
- National Association of Women Judges’ Scholarship
- Nature Resources Preservation Endowment
- Neiman, Marcus L. Fund
- Nelson Family Scholarship in Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering
- Nettling, Henry “Hank” Endowed Scholarship in Accounting
- New Center Associates Scholarship
- Newkome, Dr. George R. and Dr. Mary Jane Saunders Endowed Scholarship
- Newland, Dr. Daniel M. Student Affairs Scholarship Fund
- Nichols, Kenneth L. Fellowship
- Nixon, Charles E. and Betty J. Endowed Scholarship
- Nixon, G. Gary Scholarship
- Nixon, Harold E. and Anne T. Scholarship for The Institute for Life-Span Development and Gerontology
- Njus, Dr. Glen O. Graduate Scholarship in Biomedical Engineering
- Non-Profit Internship Program Fund
- Normington, Dale A. Scholarship Fund
- Northeast Ohio Community Education Foundation Scholarship Fund
- Northeast Ohio Rubber Group Scholarship in Business Administration
- Northeast Ohio WERCouncil Scholarship
- Nouri, Samar Memorial Scholarship
- Nye, Norman H. Memorial Scholarship in Engineering
- Nygaard, Karl O. Memorial Scholarship