When it comes to earning a college degree, the greatest obstacle can be funding.
To learn more, please contact the Department of Development at 330-972-7238.
Search for a Named Scholarship
Warther Financial Group, LLC, Scholarship in Finance
Mr. Robert W. Warther established The Warther Financial Group, LLC, Scholarship in Finance for students majoring in finance at The University of Akron’s College of Business Administration. As founder and president, Mr. Warther leads his dynamic and successful team in guiding their clients in all aspects of wealth management, protection, and transfer.
The purpose of the scholarship is to provide tuition and fee assistance for a deserving student who is interested in an internship with Warther Financial Group, LLC, Akron, Ohio. Each year, one scholarship in the amount of $3,000 will be awarded to a student chosen by the Department of Finance Scholarship Committee and Warther Financial Group representatives.
A Warther Financial Group, LLC, scholar should:
- be a finance major with a declared interest in an internship with Warther Financial Group, LLC;
- have completed 60 credit hours as of the fall semester before application (second semester sophomore);
- provide a one-to-three page essay about how this experience will benefit them;
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0;
- provide an official copy of the student’s transcript concurrently with the application;
- complete the Warther Financial Group scholarship application; and
- complete an interview with Warther Financial Group, LLC, personnel and the Department of Finance Scholarship Committee.