Office of Operations
The mission of the Office of Operations is to ensure a safe working environment, maintain the infrastructure, and provide technical and skilled trades services. Specific functional areas include:
- Safety Office which works in partnership with UA EOHS for safety training, laboratory inspections, compliance, and chemical inventory.
- Facilities Management which handles and coordinates maintenance, renovations, repairs, and special arrangements.
- Shop Services comprised of a glassblowing shop, machine shop, and electrical shop.
- Laboratory Management of common use equipment including the teaching labs. The laboratories are subdivided into Cores:
- Microscopy – AFM, SEM, TEM, Optical
- Spectroscopy – FT-IR, UV-Vis, Raman, XPS, XRD, WAXS/SAXS
- Rheology and Thermal – DSC, TGA, DMA, Capillary and Rotational Rheology, Tensile and Impact Testing
- Processing – Extrusion, Injection Molding, Compression Molding, Compounding
- Molecular Characterization – GPC, Zeta-potential
- Magnetic Resonance Center – NMR partnership with the Department of Chemistry (please go to Chemistry’s website for the MRC here)