March Safety Focus: Hood Safety03/05/2018
The March Safety Focus is hood safety. I am going to inspect all the hoods this month for cleanliness and adherence to the lab safety rules regarding hoods. There is a summary of the rules below. The hoods have recently digressed and it feels like a good time for some spring cleaning! To use your hood safely, you should know how it works to keep you safe. Please see the attached hood safety videos below.
- Maintain a clean hood.
- Do not leave squeeze bottles in the hood.
- Shut your Sash.
- Label your glassware.
- Do not keep excess glassware in your hood.
- All cords need to go under the black airfoil.
- Do not block the baffles in the back of the hood.
- Do not have broken glassware or sharps In the hood.
Fume hood safety video with English subtitles
Fume hood safety video with Mandarin subtitles
Make it a Safer Day!
College of Polymer Science & Polymer Engineering
The University of Akron