August Safety Focus: 2018 Lab Safety Rules Review08/02/2018
Please review our 2018 LAB SAFETY RULES and the CPSPE Student Violation Policy. CPSPE Student Safety Violation Policy
Most common violations:
- Not wearing Lab Coat or Safety Glasses in the lab. (ALL labs require safety glasses some are exempt from lab coats)
- Squeeze bottles being left in the hoods overnight.
- No unattended experiment forms for overnight reactions.
- Hood sash being left open.
- Improper or lack of waste documentation.
- No labels on glassware.
- Sharps/needles not in sharps containers.
- Combustible paper/paper towels in hoods.
- Hoods or workspace area mess.
If you have any questions please contact me 330-289-2493.
Make it a Safer Day!
College of Polymer Science & Polymer Engineering
The University of Akron