Saturday Professional MBA Admissions Process
The Saturday Professional MBA Program is Fall Semester admission only.
Application Deadline: July 15
To apply, complete all the following steps:
Step 1: Complete the online application which includes:
- Application form
- Application fee
- $45 for domestic students
- $75 for international students
- $45 reapplication fee
(Important Application Note: Select Interdisciplinary MBA for your program choice.)
Step 2: Mail your official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended to:
Polsky Building Room 469
Akron, OH 44325-2101
Step 3: Mail the following:
- Submit your official GMAT score to The University of Akron College of Business (CBA). You can submit an unofficial copy of your GMAT report for review prior to CBA Graduate Program office receiving the official copy.
- At least two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Current resume
- Statement of Purpose, which should clearly state at the beginning your intention to pursue the Saturday Professional MBA Program. The document should be no longer than two pages. NOTE: All materials can be mailed to the address below, or scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
The University of Akron
College of Business Administration Rm. 412
Akron, OH 44325-4805
Application Review Process
The CBA Graduate Admissions Committee reviews applications monthly. The Committee considers many variables, such as the rigor of the applicant’s undergraduate program and/or graduate program; the percentile ranking on the GMAT; and work history. Offers of admission are limited to only the most qualified applicants as determined by the CBA Graduate Admissions Committee.
- Admissions decisions are issued by the Graduate School through email.
- If you are accepted, the CBA Graduate Programs Director will send a letter of congratulations and a program checklist. The External Programs Coordinator will subsequently issue Saturday Professional MBA course schedules and other pertinent information via email.
The following lists criteria for admission to the Saturday Professional MBA:
- GMAT score of at least 500 is preferred with scores of at least the 50th percentile on all sections. Completion of all sections, including the essay, is required. GMAT information is available online at the GMAT website. Beginning Fall 2012, students who have taken the GRE, MCAT or LSAT may request consideration for admission based on those scores. A minimum score of 50% on all sections of the test is expected. Students holding a master's, doctorate or Juris Doctor from a university in the United States may request admission based on the master's degree. The student's overall application will be reviewed and the Graduate Admissions Committee reserves the right to require the GMAT for admission. If a student does not have a master’s or doctorate and has not taken a test, the GMAT should be taken.
- Applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university within any major. A business undergraduate is not required. Four-year undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 is preferred (or a 3.0 for the last two years of study).
- Admission Index. Applicants should have a total index score of at least 1,050 points. This is based on the overall undergraduate grade-point average (GPA where A=4.0) x 200, plus the total GMAT test score.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience is expected.
Please note: Applicants who have taken the GMAT but who do not meet the above minimum requirements may be considered for admission. Those who have been denied admission can request reconsideration by submitting a written appeal that demonstrates the likelihood of success in graduate school to the Graduate Admissions Committee.