Department of Business and Information Technology news stories
- Ice carvers place second in overall points in national competition
- Feerasta delivers guest lecturers in China
- Cracking the code: Cybersecurity student rewrites and unlocks himself at UA
- Bachelor's in cybersecurity: A profession growing in size and importance
- Graduate Chefs Dinner to be held April 8
- Hospitality Management Program welcomes area high school students
- Culinary Artists Club's ice carving competition featured online
- Hospitality Management hosts open house for area high school students
- Business and IT degree programs earn accreditation
- A competition full of mystery: UA to host Northeast Ohio Culinary Classic
- Graduate Chefs Dinner sells out
- Flying ice chips, buzzing chainsaws, cool sculptures: Ice Fest 2016
- Fancy fare fills Graduate Chefs Dinner menu
- Golfers to drive scholarships for UA Hospitality Management students
Golfers to drive scholarships for UA Hospitality Management students
April 7, 2015
Golfers gather for shotgun start at last year’s Hospitality Scholarship Golf Tournament, which supports scholarships for University of Akron hospitality management students.
The 12th annual Hospitality Scholarship Golf Tournament tees off Friday, May 8, at 10 a.m. at J.E. Good Park Golf Course, 530 Nome Ave., in Akron to raise funds for scholarships for University of Akron hospitality management students.
Presented by the Akron/Summit Convention and Visitors Bureau, the tournament supports students each semester with $500 Donald L. Patterson Hospitality Scholarships. Alumni Mary King, former National Collegiate Fruit and Vegetable Carving Champion, Yoo Kyung Kim of Walt Disney World, and Caleb Landis, former president of the UA Culinary Artists Club, are among previous scholarship recipients.
“The golf outing is attended by members of the community and owners/operators of hospitality-related businesses in Greater Akron, including members of the University community,” says Dr. Jamal Feerasta, UA lead faculty member and professor of hospitality management.
To participate in the 18-hole tournament for $60, which includes lunch, refreshments and golf cart, or to sponsor a hole for $100, call 330-374-7560.
Media contact: Denise Henry, 330-972-6477 or firstname.lastname@example.org.