Department of Business and Information Technology news stories
- Timken gift to help make UA a center for cybersecurity education
- Ice carvers place second in overall points in national competition
- Feerasta delivers guest lecturers in China
- Cracking the code: Cybersecurity student rewrites and unlocks himself at UA
- Bachelor's in cybersecurity: A profession growing in size and importance
- Graduate Chefs Dinner to be held April 8
- Hospitality Management Program welcomes area high school students
- Culinary Artists Club's ice carving competition featured online
Hospitality Management hosts open house for area high school students
March 2, 2017
On Wednesday, the Hospitality Management Program hosted an open house in the Crystal Room Bistro for the area high school students. Sixty-eight juniors and seniors attended to learn more about the career opportunities offered to individuals in a variety of areas in the hospitality industry, including marketing, finance, technology, food and beverage, lodging, entertainment, clubs and cruise lines.
In 2016, the hospitality industry generated more than $1 billion in revenues in Summit County, and more than $40 billion in Ohio, notes Dr. Jamal Feerasta, professor and program director.