Radiography School Compliance Policy
A. It is the desire of the University of Akron (UA) Radiography program to make all Radiography students, faculty, and staff aware of the JRCERT Standards which are the national accrediting guidelines for the program. The Standards promote academic excellence, healthcare quality, and patient & professional safety in radiologic technology educational programs. Any and all allegations of program non-compliance to the JRCERT Standards will be given prompt, fair and continued consideration until they are resolved. A copy of the JRCERT Standards and the Student’s Guide to JRCERT Accreditation will be given to the Student Radiographer during Orientation. If a Student Radiographer (or other individual) desires a copy of the JRCERT Standards they may request it from the:
JOINT REVIEW COMMITTEE ON EDUCATION IN
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY (JRCERT)
20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-3182
Phone: (312) 704-3182
Or they can print off the Standards on the following website:
Standards for an Accredited Educational Program in Radiologic Sciences: http://www.jrcert.org/acc_standards.html
II. RESOLUTION PROCEDURE
A. STEP #1: Any Student Radiographer (or other individual) who feels that the UA Radiography program is non-compliant must initially notify the UA Radiography Program Director by giving them a written complaint of allegation(s) of non-compliance to the JRCERT Standards. This letter of complaint of non-compliance must include the following:
1. name & the address of the Student Radiographer (or other individual) filing the complaint
2. the specific Standard(s) that the UA Radiography program is non-compliant (e.g. Standard 4.5)
3. date(s) and/or examples of when the UA Radiography program was non-compliant with that Standard(s)
4. date of the submission of the complaint of non-compliance
B. STEP #2: The UA Radiography Program Director will immediately contact the JRCERT that a Student Radiographer (or other individual) has submitted a complaint of non-compliance.
C. STEP #3: Within ten (10) school days a written response from the UA Radiography program addressing how the complaint of non-compliance has been resolved will be mailed to both (a) the Student Radiographer (or other individual) who filed the complaint of non-compliance and (b) the JRCERT.
1. If the UA Radiography program’s resolution to the complaint of non-compliance is not satisfactory to the Student Radiographer (or other individual), they may next choose to contact the JRCERT using the contact information listed at the top of this document.
D. STEP #4: The UA Radiography Program Director will keep a record of all complaints of non-compliance and their resolutions.
Last revision date: September/2017
Last review date: February/2017