Safely visiting campus for Admissions info session and campus tour
Like all institutions, we are working hard to adapt to the realities of operating during a pandemic. This requires flexibility, patience — and, perhaps above all — empathy from everyone.
Starting August 3, 2020, we're excited to begin offering in-person Daily Information Sessions, Monday through Friday, at 10:15 a.m. and 2:15 p.m. - schedule online here
Some things to know:
- During these in-person visits, we will be hosting a maximum of eight guests in each time slot. For each student that signs up, we will only allow one guest.
- For everyone's safety, facial coverings are required to be worn by all visitors.
- Campus tours will not include a residence hall tour (we do have excellent 360 videos and more on our Housing website!).
- Anyone who has COVID symptoms or has come into contact with anyone with COVID in the last 14 days should not visit.
- For those who are unable or are uncomfortable coming to campus, we will continue to host Daily Virtual Information Sessions at 12:15 p.m., Monday through Friday - signup online here.
Please plan to arrive at the Office of Admissions located in Simmons Hall, room 109 for your campus visit no more than 10 minutes before your your scheduled time.
When you arrive at the Admissions Office, you will check in at our front desk. We have installed plexiglass at the front desk for the safety of our visitors and staff. Our staff will check you in and provide you with information about UA.
To better adhere to social distancing guidelines, at this time, tours will be limited to small groups, which may include members of multiple families. All visitors will be required to wear face coverings as well, so we ask you to bring one with you. If you do not have one, one will be provided.
On tour, everyone in the group will wear a face covering and will maintain a six-foot distance. After the tour, employees and visitors will be encouraged to wash their hands.
All information sessions will be conducted by an admissions counselor in a sanitized presentation room. After each information session, we will re-sanitize the room.
We are no longer able to provide refreshments due to COVID-19. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide on-campus dining options at this time; however, you may order take-out from restaurants in the Akron area. Your tour guide will be happy to make recommendations.
No. We encourage you to take time prior to your visit to consider the state of your health and respond appropriately. We are dedicated to the health of our visitors and staff and ask that you refrain from visiting if you are exhibiting symptoms or have been exposed to someone who has been ill. You can cancel your visit through your confirmation email. We will work with you to reschedule once you are feeling healthy again.
At this time, we are not accepting walk-in visits. We are happy to work with you to schedule a visit through our website so we can ensure that all accommodations are in place for a safe and enjoyable visit.