Official Rules for Future Zip Scholarship Sweepstakes: Second Chance
All first-time, direct from high school, domestic students who apply for admission to The University of Akron (UA) between August 1 – January 1, 2022 will be entered into a drawing to win one (1) $2,000 scholarship for the 2022-2023 academic year. The details and rules are listed below.
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. First-time, direct from high school domestic students who submit an application for admission to UA between August 1 – January 1, 2022, will be entered into the drawing to win a $2,000 scholarship for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Eligibility: Open to all first-time, direct from high school domestic students who submit an application to UA for fall 2022 between August 1 – January 1, 2022.
- The winner of the $2,000 scholarship must enroll at The University of Akron for the 2022-2023 academic year to receive the scholarship. The scholarship will be applied directly to the student’s bill with $1,000 applied to the fall 2022 semester bill and $1,000 applied to the spring 2023 bill.
- The scholarship is non-transferable and can only be used by the winner of the drawing. The winner will not be entitled to a cash payout and must use the scholarship in the 2022-2023 academic year.
- No substitutions, cash redemptions or transfer of prize except as provided herein. All taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of winner. Odds of winning prize depend on number of eligible entries received for the drawing.
- If the winner does not complete the semester that the tuition is being used, any refund for the tuition will be returned to the University of Akron.
- All winners will be selected and notified by email on Monday, January 3, 2022.
- Limitation of Liability: University is not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the drawing or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the drawing.
- General: By participating in this drawing, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the University Officials, which are final in all matters relating to this drawing, and the laws of the State of Ohio. A prize won by an eligible minor will be awarded to a parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents. By accepting any prize, winner consents to use of his/her name and/or likeness for advertising and promotion purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited. Participants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize, any and all costs of redemption and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. By participation in this drawing and/or accepting prize, all entrants and winners agree to release The University of Akron, its Board of Trustees, directors, officers, employees and agents, including without limitation its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all claim, loss, damage or expense incurred with respect to the award, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize and/or participation in the drawing.