Orientation for online learners
Orientation (for enrolled students)
If you are enrolled in an online course, you will be automatically enrolled in orientation about one week before the term begins.
- You will receive a notification email when you have been enrolled in the orientation
- Login to Brightspace using your UANET ID and password to complete the orientation
Orientation for Guests (not yet enrolled students)
Use this information if you are considering whether an online course is a good option for you.
Sampling our orientation can help you decide, please note a few items:
- This orientation is designed to look the same as a real online course
- You will find many useful topics geared toward helping you understand what it means to be an online student
- Read through the information and take the quizzes to find out if online learning is right for you
- Diving into Brightspace orientation should take 30 to 60 minutes to complete
See below for how to access the orientation as a guest.
How to login to Brightspace (as a guest)
- Login to Brightspace with the following username and password:
- sbguest (username)
- sbguest (password)
Enter the Classroom
When logged into Brightspace, look at the center of the page:
- Find the box titled My Courses
- Then click on Diving into Online Learning
You have now entered the orientation classroom. Familiarize yourself with the environment by using the buttons below the Brightspace logo to navigate throughout the classroom.
Complete the orientation
- Select Course Materials (see image above)
- Click on the Content tab (Table of Contents)
- Click on Welcome to begin the orientation
What to know about online at UA
Online courses at UA begin and end on the same semester schedule as on-campus classes. Assignments and tests have their own specific deadlines. Although you do not have to travel to campus to attend courses, you must log in often to stay on track with due dates and to successfully complete each course.
Why take online courses:
You will find that our courses delivered completely online via Brightspace, provide you with the same quality content as face-to-face courses while using technologically advanced methods and still providing a high level of interaction with your instructor and classmates.