News: Upcoming Parking Lot Closures and Events
Parking updates through November 4th
- Lot 27, the surface lot near Guzzetta Hall, will be partially reserved Thursday, October 27, for the Akron Women’s Committee Lecture series. Alternative parking will be available in Lot 26.
- Lot 6, the lot at InfoCision Stadium, will be partially reserved Thursday, October 27, for the AUAR meeting. Alternative parking will be available in Lot 9 and Lot 10.
- Lot 28, the EJ Thomas Deck, will close at noon on Tuesday, November 1. Alternative parking will be available in Lot 27.
- Lot 28, the EJ Thomas Deck, will close at noon on Friday, November 4. Alternative parking will be available in Lot 27.
Lot 46 Temporarily Becomes Resident-Only for Early Voting
In order to accommodate the significant early voter turnout expected for the general election, the south side of Lot 46 (behind Gallucci Hall) will be used by staff from the Summit County Board of Elections through November 8th. Lot 46 will become a Resident-Only lot between October 12th and November 8th to make room for these additional vehicles. We ask that residents who normally park behind Gallucci Hall park in the spaces north of Gallucci Hall during this period, and avoid parking on the south side of the lot when feasible. Commuters will be able to utilize Lot 47 (Folk Hall), and everyone can use Lot 36 (the South Campus Parking Deck) throughout this time. Signage will be placed throughout the lot to advise drivers of these changes. Please contact Parking and Transportation services at 330-972-7213 with any questions.
Roo Express Bus Tracking System
The University of Akron’s Parking and Transportation Services Department has added a GPS system to the Roo Express shuttle buses that provides real-time location data. Students, faculty, staff and visitors can use a computer or mobile device to track the Roo Express Shuttle bus at any of the bus stops on and around campus!
DoubleMap App features:
· View buses in real time on the map and know when your bus will arrive.
· View specific routes and associated stops.
· Allows you to easily identify the buses with color coded bus routes and abbreviated route letters.
· Announcements concerning shuttle delays, cancellation of service due to weather, re-routing or changes in route stops can be viewed easily.
· Compatible with smartphones (FREE app), laptops and desktops.
· Easily submit feedback on services or technical issues.
For information regarding DoubleMap visit http://www.uakron.edu/parking/roo-express/doublemap.dot or email us at email@example.com.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.