What is a Learning Studio?
- incredibly flexible space that can effectively support instructor-led classroom activities and also promote more informal, student-initiated learning activities.
- wireless and laptop-based.
- may be configured in traditional rows of tables and chairs for formal presentations, however, students can easily rearrange the mobile, light-weight tables and chairs into collaborative configurations for any sized group.
- perfect for problem-based learning and multi-modal instruction.
- open when the library is open, and students may use the space and the technology whenever it is not scheduled.
- Learning Studios must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance.
- These facilities are not open for full-semester class scheduling. Instructors interested in hosting an individual class session or groups interested in the functionality of these learning studios should submit a request through our scheduling request form:
- Instructors should also contact their subject librarian to schedule course-integrated information literacy instruction in the Learning Studio.