Advantages of the Honors Experience
As a student in the Williams Honors College, you'll have a chance to live in the Honors Residence Hall with other high-achieving, self-motivated students. You can apply for additional scholarships, and gain leadership experience through student organizations and through the Honors Leadership Summit. Further, students in the Williams Honors College can design their own research focus, and get personal attention from faculty advisers.
Students in the Williams Honors College enjoy:
- Honors merit scholarships ranging from $500 to $1,000 for most students
- First priority for class registration so that you can schedule the classes you need, with the instructors you select, during the semesters and at the hours you prefer
- One-on-one research with a faculty member in your chosen area of study
- Special recognition at graduation and on your transcript
- Leadership training for all new Honors students
The Honors Colloquia, open only to students in the Williams Honors College, are interdisciplinary seminars that are focused on discussion. The Honors Research Project provides students with a close working relationship with a faculty member.
In addition to scholarships you can earn through the university, the Williams Honors College offers several additional scholarship awards to outstanding students.
Scholarships range from $500 to $1,000 for most students, with the potential for additional scholarships for outstanding applicants.
Visit our Honors scholarship page.
The Honors Complex, located in the heart of campus, is the center of activity for honors students.
Not only is it a residence hall for honors students, but it serves as a center for academics, too. The academic wing features a large classroom, seminar rooms, a computer lab, study lounges and a two-story common room for socializing and studying.
Graduates of the Williams Honors College earn special recognition on the diploma and transcript.
Honors students are also invited to an Honors-only graduation recognition ceremony to celebrate their achievements.