It's time to file your FAFSA!
The 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available! If you plan to take classes during Summer 2018, Fall 2018, and Spring 2019 semesters, you will need to complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA.
To complete the FAFSA, start at fafsa.gov.
- UA's priority FAFSA deadline is 12/1. Your FAFSA must be received by this date to be considered for the Federal SEOG Grant as well as Federal Work Study (if you are otherwise eligible for these types of need-based financial aid).
- The 2018-19 FAFSA uses 2016 income and tax information, but current household and asset information. This video can help you determine how to answer certain questions (timing is everything!).
- The IRS Data Retrieval Tool is available for you (and your parents, if applicable) to transfer tax information directly from the IRS into your FAFSA. (Some exclusions apply.) This reduces the chance for data entry errors.
- Completing your FAFSA earlier gives you more time to prepare for the 2018-19 academic year.
- How to create an FSA ID
- FAFSA Overview
- Who’s my parent when I fill out my FAFSA?
- FAFSAhelpOH.org - more online videos & other helpful resources to help you complete your FAFSA. Also available - list of In-Person FAFSA Completion Events in case you can't make it to UA's FAFSA Filing Sunday!
Even if you don't think you'll qualify for grants, we encourage you to complete the FAFSA so that we can offer you other valuable sources of federal aid, including student loans.