Apply as a transfer student
What is a transfer student? Transfer students have attended or are attending a college or university after graduating from high school and would like to transfer to The University of Akron.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
- Does UA have my major?
- Do you meet the admissions requirements for the college you wish to enter?
- Admission criteria for UA's prestigious Williams Honors College
- What credits will transfer?
- Admissions dates and deadlines
- Visit campus
- Housing and dining options
- Tuition and fees
- Scholarships for transfer students | Other financial aid options
- See frequently asked questions and answers
Questions? Call us at 330-972-7009 [toll-free at 1-855-828-7267] or visit the Transfer and Adult Student Enrollment Center.
Apply online using one of two options:
Submit a non-refundable $50 application fee when you apply online or separately. The fee is waived for those who served in the military.
Submit official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions of higher learning that you've attended. Your transcripts are required to be signed or certified by the Registrar. Mail application documents and transcripts to:
The University of Akron
Office of Admissions
Akron, OH 44325-2001
If you have not earned an associate degree, please submit your high school transcripts or an official GED score report.
If you're under age 21 and have completed fewer than 24 college/university credit hours, please submit ACT or SAT scores along with your high school transcripts.
Log in to My Akron to check the status of your application.
ONCE YOU HAVE BEEN admitted
I'm also a veteran
We have services just for you. Learn more.
Additional application types
- You are a high school student, or graduated from high school or earned a GED less than 5 years ago, apply as a new freshman
- You are taking, or have completed, classes at another college and want to complete your degree at UA. You may have already earned an associates and seek another, or a bachelor's, apply as a transfer student
- It has been more than 5 years since you graduated from high school or earned a G.E.D., and you have never attended college, apply as an adult